Sooo if anyones interested in awesome blogs you should so check this one out. My friend who’s really passionate and excited about life and fitness and gluten free food is starting it and I know shed love some support!
Sooooo today was my last day of Chest&Back. I just realized it was my last one this round…. I can do decline pushups which is big for me but other than that I wish I could see more progress in that exercise routine ;(. All the same Im disappointed in myself for not taking before pics cause i really think my butt looks 20x awesomer and I wish I had something to compare it to. Oh well. So Ive got 15 days total left in P90x and I really want to buckle down and make the most of it. So therefore…
- no peanut butter. Except for on toast. Because toast with no peanut butter is depressing. Don’t do that to your toast, its not worth it.
- More protein shakes. Yeah thats right. I haven’t exactly been drinking them because, well… I hate them. They are the bane of my breakfast food options. But they were expensive and they’re good for me so Ill woman up and stick a nice bendy straw in them and get it over with.
- More veggies. What exactly have i been eating lately that Im not eating veggies and protein?? Peanut butter. See step one and basically the rest of my problems are cured.
- Eat more meat. Yep. Im willing to take one for the team here… HA actually this is a joke step. If I eat more meat, there won’t be any animals left.
- sleep more than 6 hours. Its not enough to fuel me for the next 18 hours. So really I need to talk to “How I Met your Mother,” and “New Girl,” and “Big Bang Theory,” because they’re so amusing I just watch them until IM like “PUddinngggggg its 12:30!!!!”
So yeah those are my goals so hopefully Ill stick with them for once :P Thankfully the olympics are starting and I love to watch them before/after I work out and I feel like Im almost a part of it. Its great motivation! So anyone have any good/easy/healthy recipes? Specifically ones they’ve used with p90x?
So even though my schedule got messed up a bit I worked it out so Ill finish in 8 more weeks which I know is one more than on the P90x plan but Im not in a rush and I know it’ll be worth it. Today was Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps but I slept in (til 7AM, is that really sleeping in? I think Im half robot) so I didn’t have time to do the Ab Ripper :( I won’t preach another P90x commercial but let me just say that I can do sooo many more pushups than I could 3 months ago. Im amazed at my progress. The program works wonders.
Today Ive got a lot going on so Ive had to amend my eating schedule a bit to fit but other than that Im really happy with my meals and all. I really feel great!!! One of my goals for this summer is finding more healthy allergen free recipes that I can make quickly for myself especially as next year Ill be juggling college and work and the craziness of life. Message me f you have any good ideas/blogs/recipes/magic tricks(if only…)/etc…
I know this may be redundant cause I posted it before but I didn’t get any answers so I thought Id try one last time… Are there any good apps in the Mac App store that are fitness related?? Thanks!
Soo remember that black bean salad I raved about? The one I made? Created by the mind of the girl once thought destined for a life of cold cereal and drive-through coffee? Well here it is…*cue the triumphant music* coming to a kitchen near youuu…. should you accept this challenge and follow my totally un-professional directions of sorts.
By the way, this is vegan, gluten free, and dairy free. Its probably also free of many other things but gluten and dairy just happen to be my areas of expertise.
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- half a large red onion (or a whole small one… oh yes, were flexible) chopped in likewise manner
- 2 bell peppers (or peppers of thine own choosing) also chopped
- and really if you want you can throw in other veggies that your palette would deem acceptable. Id do it if I wasn’t lazy. Tomatoes sound nice…or avocados. even though Ive never had one before.
- 5 scallions, chopped (or is this the type of thing that you’re supposed to say “thinly sliced?”)
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed… or whatever that thing is that you do that makes it usable.
- one can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- one can of corn or about two cups of corn (if using the can, make sure you drain the liquid)
- juice of one brilliantly green lime, plus some zest if you want. Go all out.
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- *drumroll* Crushed red pepper. I pretty much just throw it on there until Im positive my tastebuds will want to call the fire department when its dinner time.
- Also, if you want to take it to a whole new level this would be great on rice or with chicken mixed in. Think of the possibilities…
Ok so now you get to know what to do with these lovingly knifed ingredients.
- Take out a pan. Mine was a pan/pot hybrid thing. (If my mother ever found out about this blog(specifically the fact that i don’t know what that thing was) she’d have my head on a pan-ish thing.) So anyway I’m sure you’re intellectual enough to get a pan without me talking about it further.
- Heat to about medium heat and put your celery, onion, peppers, and scallions in there. Cook until tender-ish I guess. It depends on if you want this hot or cold, in which case you might want it a little crunchier. Or not. Its a free country.
- Add the corn and beans and let them cook for a few minutes until they’re heated
- add the garlic, lime, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper and mix it all together, being careful to not spill onto the stove-top if my pan/pot directions led you to using the wrong sized thing. I apologize.
- So once thats all in there and cooking together in beautiful harmony, you can eat it hot like that. Its delish. And then you can put the leftovers in the fridge and the spices will blend together even better and then you could it eat cold the next day and experience its glory all over again. Or reheat it, and experience the same glory. You get the drill.
Hahahahaaaa well I enjoyed my first attempt at writing a recipe and making it semi understandable, and I also must add again that my super-sensitive tummy enjoyed this greatly, as well as my hard-working muscles. I do believe I shall try this thing again someday. So please let me know if you made it or at least thought it a commendable try :)